Traduire/ Translate

Sunday, October 29, 2017

Halloween gift set

Good day,

My sister's birthday is Halloween and she is a big fan
 of decorating for the holiday
 as well so every year I create some decor for her. 


I found the tutorial for the glasses on pinterest and decided to give it a try.  
You can find the link here 


I started by spraying some Rust-oleum Frosted glass, 
blocking off about an 1/2 inch with tape
at the top to keep it clear.  I ten painting the rest with black gesso.


To add a bit of weight and texture I used some Paperclay with an IOD mold, 
when dry coved it with black gesso.   


I purchaed a halloween skeleton and used the hands, 
which i glued to the glasses with some strong glue ( E6000). 
 Then came the dry brushing with white paint.
For the finish touch I also used some Prime Metallique wax in old silver 



The skeleton head is a glass bottle, which I did the same technique as the glasses
except for the Frosted glass.  I applied several coats of black gesso creating texture
with the paint brush .


For the hat, it has layers of tissue paper for texture, 
I added some feathers, thread, ribbon
and a jewel spider

I am so loving Mix media and will have a lot more stuff coming up

Entering my project

Rhredd's Creative Spirit - October Challenge
Altered Electro - October challenge
Simon Says - Monochrome
Deep Ocean - Halloween

Thanks for stopping by and have a great halloween
Louise

4 comments:

Danielle Champagne said...

Louise, c,est magnifique! Quelle originalité! J,aime particulièrment comment tu as transformé la bouteille. Félicitations!

Sandra said...

What a super cool Halloween gift set. Love the glasses and the skull with the hat is fabulously spooky. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

Sandra Wright. said...

These are awesome...love the altered glasses.Such a great gift set for your sister.
Thank you so much for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

Rocky said...

Wow, what a totally fab spooky set, it must be so much fun making your sister's gift each year. Thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.