Traduire/ Translate

Monday, September 4, 2017

Rusty notebook

Hi everyone,

As I mention on my last post, I was working on another notebook 
(I'm seriously hooked)  this is so much fun, 


For the book texture I used tulle, tissue paper, cheese cloth, then I added all kinds of cardstock pieces cut twice using several dies.
  

For the rectangular and square pieces, it's only chipboard then I applied pearl drops to make it look like nailheads


I have all kinds of different elements, metal, clay, plastic, chipboard, 
sand paper, beads, stones and glass glitter

This is a picture before I applied black gesso

Dies: Sizzix Pipeline, thinlits mix media 3 , coin & engrenage, 
Spellbinder Gears, Memory box tools
Metallic waxes in gold, copper and blue
Because these are water based I applied an acrylic sealer

At look at the backside, done with tissue paper

I enrolled in Finnabair's new online class Book of Possibilies
Awesome class, I spent last Saturday at garage sales looking for all kinds of 
cool items and old books.  With this being said a lot of projects to come

Entering my book in the following challeneges









Fussy and Fancy - Anything goes Mix Media
613 Avenue Challenge - Anything goes option distress it
Frilly and Funkie - A Little Rusty

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day
Louise

12 comments:

Tania said...

Oh wow, this looks amazing, love the before and after photo! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog :)

Jane Royston said...

Wow! Love this. Great effect with the embellishments, thank you for sharing with us at Creative Artiste this month, Jane (DT) :) x http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.co.uk

Jo Rice said...

This is gorgeous, and I have found these books very addictive...I am really looking forwards to seeing more of you creations. Thanks for joining us with our Fussy and Fancy Challenge...Jo. X

Julia Aston said...

I am in awe of your gorgeous layered cover! What a transformation from when you laid everything down - and then covered with gesso and other mediums to make them all look the same - thanks for sharing how you created this!

Diana @ Playingwithoutlimits said...

Wow. Amazing cover and back side. I love it all. I also enrolled in the same Finnbair online class. I loved it and am out shopping books and finding things I can use for texture.

diana @ playing
playingwithoutlimits.wordpress.com

sarascloset said...

So happy to see you have been making more of these amazing journal covers! Loved the first one, but I think I love this even MORE! Oh, and the back is beautiful, too! It amazes me how a pile of junk transforms into the most beautiful artwork! You've done a great job, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of it! Well done on the garage saling--something I love to do myself! And thank you for playing along at Frilly and Funkie for our A Little Rusty challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily

SewPaperPaint said...

Oh I am loving this assemblage and the gorgeous metallic look. Stunning composition. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie. Hugs, Autumn

Sheryl said...

I loved your last notebook Louise and this one is just as clever.
You certainly have a talent for these multi media projects.
Thanks for stopping by at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugs Sheryl DT member xx

Andree said...

A fabulous looking journal cover. Great textures, depth and detail.
Thank you for joining in with our September challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

Cec said...

Another fantastic notebook cover. This one is so full of great texture and the industrial look would make it a fabulous gift for a guy. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
Hugs!
Cec

Lys said...

A fantastic composition! Beautiful effect and the back cover is brilliant too.Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge.

Tindaloo said...

Amazing creation! Love this ♥