Traduire/ Translate

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Halloween decor

Good day everyone,

I have a Halloween decor to share with you,
 my new venture in Mixed Media and I'm loving it.


Lots and lots of different elements on this project
Paper flowers, charms, beads, filigree hardware, chain etc...

I found this cute coffin box at the dollar store 
It was available in 3 sizes, this is the largest 9 inches long
of course I purchased all 3 lol


I started with tissue paper and several branches die cuts to add texture
as well as swirls die cuts, and covered it all with black gesso


A plastic mini spoon from the dollar store, I added a cross charm
on the bottom, plastic skull in center of spoon added red rhinestones
Around the skull I added some decorative sand 
and micro beads to some 3D matte gel.  
I added some crackle paste to the wings


I used emerald green, blue and brown tones metallic paints 
and finish with several different colors of waxes
(I really need to start marking colors down)


Now I still have 2 more sizes to play with 
I have a plastic bin full of different items for Halloween
that I have picked up recently and from previous years
This is what I love so much about these projects, you get to
use it all up and color does not matter as everything gets a new finish

 Entering my project
Creative Artiste Mixed Media - Anything goes challenge 31
Altered Eclectics - Mixed Media Altered project October challenge
Emerald Creek Dares - Freaky fun
Creative inspiration - Autumn - Halloween
Frilly and Funky - T'is near Halloween
Try it on Tuesday - Halloween
Simon says - Not a card

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day
Louise

16 comments:

froebelsternchen said...

This is spooktacular! An amazing project for our challenge theme over at
Try It On Tuesday!
Thank you for joining us!
oxo Susi DT

Cassandra aka Scrap Savvy said...

This is freaky awesome! Love all the layers! Fabulous details! Thanks for joining in this month's Emerald Creek Freaky and Fun Dare!

Lorraine A said...

super spooky coffin Louise! the whole design of this is fabulous! I love how you added so much texture, and the metallic look is perfect! the scary skull with the red eyes and the snake, everything is awesome!

you are a natural mixed media artist! you got this coffin nailed! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Tee said...

Gorgeous mixed media coffin! Awesome texture!

Rene said...

LOVE it! Halloween is my fave! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Creative Inspirations. Good luck,
Rene

Meggymay said...

Wow, a fantastic mixed media Halloween project. So many awesome details. thank you for joining us at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne

pearshapedcrafting said...

Woooo-oooh! This an amazing project and such a transformation! Love ALL of your spooky additions! So pleased you joined us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

Sandra Wright. said...

How awesome is this coffin...perfect for Halloween..stunning embellishing.
Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. x

Judy McKay said...

Your coffin makeover is fantastic. Love the colours and textures. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Deb said...

Amazing transformation and I love the red eyes on the skull! Thank you for joining us at Emerald Creek Dares, Deb xo

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wow! This is such a great mixed media Halloween piece! I love the pieces you used and the wonderful metallic finish! Thanks so much for joining the fun at the Frilly and Funkie "Tis Nearly Halloween" Challenge!

sarascloset said...

Fabulous transformation of your dollar store coffin...I have a few of these in my stash, and I'm inspired to give your techniques a go! Thank you for sharing this with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

hazel said...

I love your transformed coffin - it's amazing, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectics.
xxx Hazel.

Aunty Sue said...

oh wow in awe at this just seen in TIOT and you got a top spot well deserved

Sammy said...

Really love this. So much gorgeous texture! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Sammy said...

Just popping back in to say: Thank you for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics this month. Sammy-x